Thursday, February 4, 2016

Various RV Mods

   Since we've purchased this RV I've continually strive to make it more livable. The Escapade is the plain jane of the Jayco line. For example it didn't even have cup holders in the back! (Yes I added those to the sofa and table areas). I figured it's cheaper than upgrading.. more money for trips!

  All the switches for the lights including the bathroom fan is on the lights and fan itself. With 2 small kids this isn't ideal. Tried running through the walls but was a no-go. Used some stick on conduit reinforced with screws and household light switches. No issues after a year of use.

     This is a plus and a minus. The original vent had a flapper.. that well flapped all the time. The holder was long gone. Changed it out for this one.. was a bear to take off! Unfortunately have to cover it inside during the winter.
      The only storage in the bathroom was a plastic useless medicine cabinet. One thing I learned from this.. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW LONG YOUR SCREWS ARE! But hey it's going to be great place for a scare light.
     Last little thing before I bore you to death. Had to make a emergency auto parts stop in the middle of Kansas for a new gas cap.. and it was pouring down rain. I got lucky. Last time I'll forget the gas cap! Also put the chain on the sewer cap.


No comments:

Post a Comment